|In addition to Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, we have another option for those who do not want to rely on Google or Apple. MirrorLink is very widespread, and we teach you to take advantage of it in your car and smartphone.|
Cars are increasingly full of technology, and we value entertainment more and more. For many it no longer matters how many horses you have or the aids to driving you have. It matters the entertainment system you have, the connection to the smartphone that incorporates. And, with the arrival of autonomous cars, this trend is going to increase.
Today we have to talk about one of the standards that serve to bridge the gap between car and mobile. We talk about the main rival of Apple CarPlay as Android Auto, giants who want their cake bunch. We are pointing to MirrorLink, a standard we can find in many cars. And today we explain how it works.
What is MirrorLink?
MirrorLink is a technology that doubles the screen of our mobile in the dashboard. That way we find our mobile extended in the car when we connect. And so we provide the car with interesting features, such as using GPS or mobile data.
The grace of MirrorLink is that in addition to being an open standard, it can also work as a complement to Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. That is, they are not incompatible with each other. Even in some cases it allows the car to have both systems, giving us the freedom to choose what we want, without tying us anywhere.
What do I need to use MirrorLink?
The first thing we need, of course, is a car. But it is not worth any car, the onboard computer must be compatible with MirrorLink. It is not something difficult, the standard is covered by a huge amount of manufacturers.
|Enjoy $49.99 for Mini 0903 – nano Q 1080P FHD Car DVR
Use Coupon Code: GB3RDT9H
| Enjoy $13.99 for Xiaomi Roidmi 2S Bluetooth Car Charger
Use coupon Code: CB3RDHRU
And sure there are cars that have it and do not appear in the MirrorLink list. Or cars that have Android Auto or CarPlay, and do not have MirrorLink. Or even cars that appear on the list, but make it an optional extra. Note that this is a representative list, which does not include all supported models.
- Citroen | Berlingo, C1, C3, C3 Picasso, C4, C4 Picasso, C4 Grand Picasso, C4 Cactus, C5, C5 Tourer, Jumpy, Spacetourer.
- DS | 3, 3 Cabrio, 4, 4 Crossback, 5.
- Honda | CR-V, Jazz, Civic.
- Hyundai | Grandeur.
- Kia | K5, Sportage, K7 hybrid.
- Mercedes-Benz | A class.
- Peugeot | 108, 208, 508, 2008, 3008, 5008, Partner, Expert, Traveler.
- Seat | Leon ST, Leon ST, Leon ST, Alhambra, Ibiza SC, Ibiza 5D, Ibiza SC Connect, Ibiza ST, Ibiza ST Concept, Toledo.
- Skoda | Superb, Yeti, Fabia, Fabia Combi, Octavia, Rapid.
- Smart | Fortwo, forfour.
- Suzuki | Ciaz, SX4 S-Cross, Vitara, Baleno.
- Toyota | Aygo, Crown.
- Volkswagen | Polo, Passat, Passat Variant, Golf, Golf Variant, Golf Sportsvan, Golf Cabriolet, E-Golf, Beetle, Beetle Cabriolet, Touran, Sharan, Tiguan, Scirocco, Golf GTE.
Compatible Audio Systems
And if you do not have a compatible car, we can buy a sound system compatible with MirrorLink. Most also serve for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, but make sure it is compatible first.
- Pioneer | 5100NEX, 6100NEX, 7100NEX, 8100NEX, AVH-X4700BS
Applications for MirrorLink
The applications of MirrorLink are nothing special, they are normal and current applications with compatibility. They realise their full potential when you connect your mobile to MirrorLink.
|$16 OFF for Jumper Ezbook 2 Ultrabook Laptop – INTEL CHERRY TRAIL X5 Z8350 SILVER
Use coupon Code: GB3RDJP
| $10 OFF for CHUWI LapBook Notebook – EU PLUG WHITE
Use coupon Code: chuwigb3rd1